Shanghai Reiling Electronics
Shanghai Reiling Electronics recently joined the Wireless Power Consortium and I took the opportunity to ask them some questions about their plans with Qi.
1. Why did your company choose to join the Wireless Power Consortium?
We are very interested in wireless power technology and plan to develop wireless charging products. We think that Wireless Power Consortium has done great jobs to promote the standardization of this technology. The Qi specification is being accepted by more and more companies.
2. What do you see in the future of wireless power and where do you see the industry headed?
We have confidence in the future of wireless power. We think wireless charging technology will be adopted in mobile low power electronic devices first.
3. What announcements, if any, will you be making in the near future? (Note these can be product related announcements, or other announcements related to Qi and wireless power).
We will make our new products announcement in the near future.
4. Tell us what Qi compatible products your company has on the market – or plans to bring to market in the future.
We will release two wireless chargers in November.
5. Why do you believe that wireless power is important? How do you think your customers, or consumers in general, will benefit from wireless charging?
The reason is convenience. We think wireless power provides a more convenient way of using mobile electronic devices. If this technology can be accepted and daily used by the majority of people, it will change our life style in some way. That is why we are so interested in wireless power technology and the drive for us to develop new wireless charging products.